XXV 2012, the
EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (EURO XXV)
Vilnius, Lithuania, 8-11 July, 2012
THIRD ANNOUNCEMENT AND
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Organizers of the 25th EURO Conference have a great
pleasure of inviting you to take part in this Conference
to be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on 8-11 July, 2012.
The Programme and
Organizing Committees, chaired by Marielle Christiansen
and Leonidas Sakalauskas, are preparing a high quality
scientific programme and an exciting social programme
for the Conference.
We are convinced that
the EURO XXV Conference will be an excellent opportunity
for the OR community to get together again in a pleasant
atmosphere, and, thus, we are looking forward to seeing
you in Vilnius, the historical capital of Lithuania, in
Please, visit the EURO
XXV Conference website (www.euro-2012.lt) for more
Ralph E. Gomory
Finn E. Kydland
KEYNOTE & TUTORIAL
CALL FOR PAPERS AND
We invite all researchers, academicians, practitioners,
as well as students interested in any branch of
operational research, mathematical modelling or economic
analysis to participate at the Conference and to present
Invited and contributed
papers will be organized in parallel sessions.
In general, sessions will be a part of the Conference
streams, and streams are grouped by areas.
No participant can
present more than one paper at the Conference (but may
be a co-author for other papers).
Abstract submission and
registration are done online, via the Conference web
Abstracts: max. 600 characters; submission deadline:
February 29, 2012.
Researchers who want to
organize a stream or an invited session or contribute
with a paper within an invited session should contact
the PC member of the corresponding area.
(and PC members in charge; see contacts further below)
- Continuous Optimization / GW Weber
- Control Theory & System Dynamics / R Hartl
- Data Mining Knowledge Discovery and Artificial
Intelligence / V Mousseau
- DEA and Performance Measurement / E Fernandez
- Decision Analysis, Decision Support Systems / V
- Discrete Optimization, Geometry & Graphs / S Martello
- Emerging applications of OR / GW Weber
- Energy/Environment and Climate / P Letmathe
- Financial Modeling & Risk Management / SW Wallace
- Fuzzy Systems and Softcomputing / SW Wallace
- Game, Theory, Mathematical Economics / GW Weber
- Location / E Fernandez
- Logistics, Transportation, Traffic / M Sevaux
- Metaheuristics / R Hartl
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Optimization / V
- OR Education, History, Ethics / M Sevaux
- OR in Health & Life Sciences / K Aardal
- OR in Industry and Software for OR / M Rönnqvist
- OR in Natural Resources / M Rönnqvist
- OR for Development and Developing Countries / GW Weber
- Production Management & Supply Chain Management / E
- Revenue Management & Managerial Accounting / P
- Scheduling, Time Tabling & Project Management / M
- Simulation & Stochastic Programming and Modelling / SW
- Soft OR and Problem Structuring Methods / SW Wallace
- Telecommunication & Networks / K Aardal
Deadline for abstract submission: February 29, 2012
Notification of acceptance: March 31, 2012 Deadline for
early registration: April 22, 2012 Deadline for author
registration (for inclusion in the program): May 1, 2012
Conference: July 8-11, 2012
- Prof. Marielle Christiansen (Chair), Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Karen Aardal, The Netherlands (K.I.Aardal@tudelft.nl),
- Prof. Elena Fernandez, Spain (email@example.com),
- Prof. Richard Hartl, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Silvano Martello, Italy (email@example.com),
- Prof. Vincent Mousseau, France (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Peter Letmathe, Germany (email@example.com),
- Prof. Mikael Rönnqvist, Norway (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Leonidas Sakalauskas, Lithuania (email@example.com),
- Prof. Marc Sevaux, France (firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Prof. Stein W.Wallace, United Kingdom (email@example.com),
- Prof. Gerhard Wäscher, Germany (Gerhard.Waescher@WW.Uni-Magdeburg.DE),
- Prof. Gerhard-Wilhelm Weber, Turkey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Leonidas Sakalauskas (Chair), Lithuania
- Marielle Christiansen, Norway
- Gerhard Wäscher, Germany
- Saulius Preidys, Lithuania
- Tatjana Vilutiene, Lithuania
- Jonas Zaptorius, Lithuania
During the EURO XXV conference the following prizes will
- The EURO Gold Medal 2012,
- The EURO Distinguished Service Medal (EDSM 2012),
- The EURO Doctoral Dissertation Award (EDDA 2012),
- The EURO Excellence in Practice Award (EPA 2012),
- The EURO/ROADEF Challenge 2012,
- The EURO Award for the Best EJOR Paper.
THE PROGRAMME IN BRIEF:
The Conference starts July 8 (Sunday), 4 pm, with the
Opening Session, including the awards ceremony. This
will be followed by the Welcome Reception at the
Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre, at 6 pm.
The working sessions
will occupy most of the following three days, July 9-11,
starting Monday morning.
In the evening of July
9 conference participants and accompanying persons are
invited to a Reception by the Mayor of Vilnius, followed
by a dance performance.
The Conference Gala
Dinner will be held in the evening of July 10, at the
yard of Vilnius Picture Gallery which is an outstanding
building of the late classicism style and one of the
finest ensembles of its kind in Vilnius.
In the late afternoon
of July 11, the Conference ends with another social
event which should not to be missed: The Farewell Party,
being held in the courtyard of Vilnius University.
information about Vilnius, please, visit the Conference
- Regular: 320 Euros (early); 420 Euros (late),
- Student: 120 Euros (early); 180 Euros (late),
- Accompanying persons: 120 Euros.
Early registration ends April 22, 2012.
registration fee includes:
- Participation in all sessions, and access to the
- Conference materials (Final Program, Book of Abstracts),
- Participation in the Welcome Reception, July 8,
- Participation in the Mayor of Vilnius City reception,
- Participation in the Farewell Party, July 11,
- Coffee breaks and lunches, July 8-11,
- 3-day city public transportation card (with badges).
The registration fee
for accompanying persons includes:
- Participation in the Welcome Reception, the Mayor
Vilnius City reception and the Farewell party,
- Lunches, July 8-11,
- Vilnius City tour,
- 3-day city public transportation card (with badges).
The Gala dinner is
charged separately, at 55 Euros per person.
EURO will provide up to
10,000 Euros to cover (in parts) the registration fees
(in early registration rates) of attendees in need.
Preference will be given to regular and student
participants from Eastern Europe.
Reduced fees for retired persons are limited to 20,
dispensed on a first-come-first-serve basis.
All applicants for both groups should send an email to
email@example.com before registration.
ABOUT LITHUANIA AND
Lithuania with its modern capital of Vilnius is
geographically situated in the centre of Europe on the
crossroads between East and West. The country is
interesting and in fact exciting from the viewpoints of
its unique nature, its thousands year old history, and
its attractive culture. Vilnius can be reached by plane
from the most important hubs in Europe.
We recommend participants to book:
1. hotel rooms and air tickets as early as possible 2.
accommodation in Vilnius through the Conference webpage.
The Conference Secretariat has reserved a large number
of rooms in a variety of hotels in Vilnius at specially
For more details,
consult the conference site, www.euro-2012.lt, where all
relevant information will progressively be included.
Further proposals for
Book or Software Exhibitions are welcome.
For any further
information please contact:
AIM Group Baltic
Kestucio 59/27, Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 212 00 03, fax: +370 212 00 13